Concussion Therapy Services
At New England Institute for Neurology and Headache what makes us very happy is caring for the whole person – body and mind. We think that makes us stand out, and we know that to do it right requires a team of professionals with different skill sets. That’s why our staff has an alphabet soup of titles such as M.D., Ph.D., PT, DPT, L.Ac, MS, CNS, LMT…you get the idea.
We are proud to offer a full range of therapy services for children and adults. This includes Physical, Occupational and Speech, and our services are available both here at our center and in the comfort of your home.
Conditions our therapists enjoy treating include:
- Pain: Our highly skilled physical therapists are experts in the non-pharmacological management of complex chronic pain disorders, including migraine and other headaches, jaw and facial pain, neck, shoulder and back pain, fibromyalgia and nerve pain
- Spasticity: MS, cerebral palsy, stroke and brain/spinal cord injury are conditions that lead to painful muscle over-contraction and spasm.
- Dizziness and balance disorders: we have vestibular training experts on our staff. If you suffer from Meniere’s disease, BPPV and other vertigo syndromes, labrinthitis or concussion-related balance issues you’ll want to check us out.
- Speech, language and swallowing disorders: our dedicated speech/language pathologists work with adults and children on a broad range of conditions with goal of getting you more functional and comfortable.
- Post-concussion syndrome: this complicated condition often presents with pain and balance trouble. We can help restore your balance, function and confidence.
- ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders: our speech and occupational therapists have years of experience working with children with special needs, both in- and out of the school system.
The entire staff at New England Institute for Neurology plays nicely together. We love nothing more than putting our collective heads together to solve complex problems. Our therapists play a crucial role in our holistic, comprehensive mission to help you. Try them out!
Direct insurance coverage may be available. Ask us how.